You can take it with you—Bookends, wherever you are.
Bookends for iOS is a reference management app that works on the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. It is a universal app, meaning that although it works well on small screens, it takes advantage of the larger viewing area of the iPad for a richer experience.
Although Bookends for iOS can be used as a standalone app, it integrates with the Bookends reference management application on the Mac, providing seamless transfer of references and pdfs between your Mac and iOS devices. This means that you can find references when you are on the go and import them, with pdfs, into Bookends when you are at your desk (and vice versa).
Bookends for macOS 12.7 or later is required to sync with Bookends for iOS.
Bookends for iOS has these features:
- Synchronize references, groups, and PDFs between your iOS devices and Bookends for Mac (requires version 12.7 or later to sync with Bookends for Mac).
- Search PubMed, PubMed Central, Google Scholar (including advanced search), JSTOR, Web of Science, arXiv, and the Library of Congress directly and save the results to your personal library.
- Use the built-in browser to access Web sites and pdfs (EZProxy compliant).
- Import pdfs of the articles you find (requires access privileges).
- Annotate pdfs with notes, highlights, etc., with Apple Pencil support.
- Search for text in pdfs.
- Enter and/or edit reference metadata (e.g. authors, title, notes, etc.).
- Quickly add notes with notecards.
- PDF thumbnails provide quick access to your attached articles.
- Search your library for words in authors, titles, or abstracts, or all three.
- Create groups (static or smart) to quickly find reference subsets.
- Quickly email references in a form suitable for reading or importing into a reference management application on your Mac or PC.
- Create temporary or final citations for thousands of journals that can be pasted into documents on your iOS device.
- Split screen support.
Bookends for iOS is available from the App Store.